The Citrix Provisioning Services 5.1 Service Pack 2 has been released and the most important fix would be Hotfix-9112: Client hangs when using XenServer 5.0 / XenServer 5.5 running a network intensive application.
Hyper-V Direct VHD Boot is my favorite when it comes to updating Citrix Provisioning Services Target Device Software. Below you’ll find the update route and a step-by-step picture guide for the update process.
- Download and extract Citrix Provisioning Services 5.1 SP2
- Download and install Free ISO Creator
- Create a ISO image of the extracted PVS51SP2 folder and copy to external hard drive
- Copy production vDisk to external hard drive
- Connect external hard drive to your Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- Create new Hyper-V VM, add Legacy Network Adapter and attach the PVS51SP2 ISO image
- Start the virtual machine and uninstall Citrix Provisioning Services Target Device software
- Install new Citrix Provisioning Services Target Device software from the mounted ISO image
- Bind to your network card and shutdown
- Copy the updated vDisk back to your PVS Server and follow normal procedures
I would also recommend you taking a look at previous post Citrix Provisioning Services for Citrix XenApp Best Practice and Prepare a Provisioning Services Private vDisk for Shared vDisk
1 thought on “Fastest way to update PVS Target Device Software With Hyper-V”
Hyper-V Direct VHD Boot is my favorite when it comes to updating Citrix Provisioning Services Target Device Software. thanks for sharing