I am working on a new Citrix XenDesktop Proof of Concept (POC) hosted on VMware ESX. During the setup I discovered some error messages I would like to share with you.
Error : “The hosting infrastructure could not be reached at the specified address”
- Create a host file entry that resolves vmare to the IP address of your VirtualCenter Server. Do this on the Desktop Delivery Controller (DDC) and the Provisioning Services Server (PVS).
- Import the certificate from the Virtual Center Server (%systemdrive%Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataVMwareVMware VirtualCenterSSLrui.crt) into the trusted root authority for Computer Account – Local Computer (used the Certificate MMC to accomplish this). Do this on the DDC and PVS.
- Use https://vmware/sdk in the XenDesktop Setup Wizard.
Error : “No device license is currently available for this computer. A system shutdown will be initiated in 5 minutes. To avoid loss of data, save your network now and close all applications”.
- Download and install Citrix Licensing Server 11.6.1
- Restart the PVS Services to acquire a new license