[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/xenappblog/AE007.mp3″ ]
Today’s question comes from Terry about choosing the right hardware for his home lab. The question is answered by fellow CTP Cláudio Rodrigues explaining the portable lab rack he created for the Canadian Citrix User Group.
Another Pro of Mac Mini vs Intel NUC is the fact that the Mini support 2 Gigabit Ethernet Adapters.
Why SSD? Because it’s lightning fast, with the internal SATA (or SATA in Synology) you’ll get bored to death.
According to Andrew Morgan the 1Gbps connection will get limited by SATA performance, but with SSD you get a full 1Gbps throughput from the Synology.
Links and Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Synology DiskStation 415+
- Samsung EVO 850 1TB
- Apple Mac Mini i7 Quad Core MD388LL/A (2012)
- Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3/DDR3L-1600 MHz (PC3-12800)
- SanDisk Ultra Fit™ CZ43 32GB USB 3.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive
- HP ProCurve J9449A 1810G-8 Switch
- Linktropy Mini 2 WAN Emulator